Friday, January 1, 2010

Hot Choclate Cinnamon Cupcakes

I took a nice brisk walk with my German Shepherd this morning, I noticed couples young and old all bundled up walking holding hands or walking the beloved family pooch., its so nice to see people strolling together hand and hand enjoying the cool refreshing winter day and not just rushing along in their normal busy day, it warmed my heart to see. I think we all appreciate the cooler weather we've had over the last few weeks. Cool weather always makes me want to bake, I'm sure you would agree, its really fun to bake in cold weather. It makes the house smell all decadent and cozy, this is definitely preferred over my cinnamon spice scented candles, its the real deal....plus we get to eat whats making the house smell so yummy.

So I was thinking what is one thing that most everyone loves on a cold winter night. Hot chocolate (and maybe with a splash of something)! Yes I nice cup of cocoa warming your hand. So last night I was thinking I would make something that would warm my tummy, not just my hands. I made some outrageously good cupcakes, with a perfect name "Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes" I made them for a friends gathering last night....and they were a HUGE HIT!


Here are the dry ingredients, you'll never believe what I added, Cayenne Pepper! The cake had a nice subtle kick....it mingled nicely with the cinnamon and Cocoa.


The wet ingredients, I added HOT just brewed coffee and touch of chocolate liquor (not shown)
mix that with the egg, vanilla and buttermilk.


Mix all the lovely wet and dry ingredients together.

I used the mini pan to bake these tiny bits of goodness.

Then I prepared Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Now doesn't that sound so scrumptious? Cant think of anything sweeter.



Then the finish product!!!!!! YUM!


Then I topped them with a Ghiradelli's chocolate chip, and a dusting of chocolate powder and WOW, these turned out beautiful and what a pleasure to eat and share with others.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try my hand at my Great Great Grandmothers Ginger Cake. Cupcake Style..... and you know I'll post the goodness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment