Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cold Bean & Corn Salad


This simple salad is very good and very easy. You can make it in a pinch!! I really love making this...it smells so yummy. The Cilantro is very refreshing and the snap of the sweet corn and black beans perfect. So go to your pantry pull out these items: (i know you have'em)

2 cans of black beans
1 can of sweet corn

Now head to your refrigerator and take out your organic (farmers market) veggies. :)

1 Big onion (I like to use purple onion but tonight I used the onions I got from the FM last Sunday) chopped

1 Bunch of cilantro chopped

1 clove of minced garlic

Pinch of salt and pepper

1/2 Jar of Sweet Ancho Chili Relish
(I got mine at HEB...Im sure your local market will have something like it)



Put all the fresh ingredients into a bowl and stir in the 1/2 Jar of Sweet Ancho Chili Relish, salt and pepper.

Refrigerate for at least 30 mins and there you have a beautiful side dish or a dip with corn chips to bring to a friends....


or like me, have it as a meal. and don't forget the wine. I'm going for a red wine tonight, but during the summer a great chardonnay would be perfect and refreshing.

"You have wine with everything" quotes my hubby sitting next to me as am blogging :)


It's simply delicious.

Enjoy!

Jeneeb

No comments:

Post a Comment